Nathan "Nate" Taylor is an American award-winning illustrator. He was the illustrator on The Adventures of the Princess and Mr. Whiffle, The Slow Regard of Silent Things, and various other projects with Patrick Rothfuss.
Nate Taylor was born in the suburban wilds of Alaska where he grew up in the shadow of the Chugach Mountains. He attended high school in Spokane, Washington and went to college at the Washington State University, where he became friends with Patrick Rothfuss.
Taylor began drawing at an early age and was encouraged by his parents to follow his dreams. With a steady stream of Walt Disney, Looney Tunes, and Star Trek, he developed a love of fantastical stories and expressive characters that took him through art school and into professional illustration. Taylor has won an award in the Illustrators of the Future contest.He has collaborated with Rothfuss in several projects, including the Four Corners of Civilization map, illustrations and visual storytelling work in The Adventures of the Princess and Mr. Whiffle, illustrations in the Slow Regard of Silent Things, as well as various cartoons in Rothfuss' blog. Taylor is also the illustrator of the Faen deck in the card game Pairs.
In 2017, Taylor illustrated the new maps and glossary at the back of the 10th Anniversary Edition of The Name of the Wind. He collaborated with Rothfuss to create a comic based on Torment: Tides of Numenera, entitled "So Long As You Can See the Moon."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 University Book Store. Patrick Rothfuss & Nate Taylor - The Slow Regard of Silent Things (DAW)
- ↑ Art of Nathan Taylor. About
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Suvudu. Interview: Nate Taylor Arts SILENT THINGS (November 10, 2014)
- ↑ King Sheep Blog. Interview: Nathan Taylor, illustrator of The Princess and Mr. Whiffle: the Thing Beneath the Bed (December 16, 2009)
- ↑ Patrick Rothfuss's blog, "10th Anniversary Edition: Cover Reveal"
- ↑ Paste Magazine, The 10 Best Updates in The Name of the Wind 10th Anniversary Deluxe Edition
- ↑ NateTaylor.com, "About"